Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

I really don't take myself too seriously

For as long as I can remember I have spent the last hours of my day decompressing mentally.  I sort thoughts, make plans, talk to God...usually all at the same time.  I decided to start a blog not because I think I have some amazing insight, wit, or interest to add to society; but rather as a kind of tool to organize my thoughts in a different way.  I also enjoy the thought of looking back on how life was at this particular stage.  I often forget that the rest of my life will not be spent changing diapers and cleaning food from the wall.  Bottom line, I am writing this mostly to myself and for my kids to pick apart someday in the future (and most likely make fun of). 

I am Ruth, I'm 31.   My hubby is Dan and we've been married almost 11 years.  Together, we have spawned 4 very strong-willed but very remarkable little people.  Gracie is all but 6, Eva is 4 1/2, Jake is 2 1/2, and Luke will be 1 in 3 days.  As parents, we are still a little bit stunned that a) we actually have 4 kids and b) that they're not the perfect little angels we always assumed they would be!

We love God, each other, and our 4 cuties fiercely and passionately.  We (ok, mostly I) make mistakes every day and are grateful for God's forgiveness--not to mention our kids' forgiveness.  Our deepest hope and prayer is that we raise kind, fun, thoughtful, decent people who love God and desire to serve Him.

Ok, so that's us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment